Wednesday 12 December 2012

The Saga Continues

I went down to Barnaby's field Monday morning to get him in and noticed he was playing 'high heads' with Fred, in the field next door.  They stopped when they saw me, trying not to look guilty, but as I got closer, Fred couldn't resist it and gently took the front of Barnaby's rug in his teeth and gave it a friendly tug.  Then he bared his teeth and rested his chin on Barnaby's face.  Barnaby sighed contentedly.  Like a total buffoon, I just thought, 'awww, how sweet!' and took Barnaby out for his ride.
On Tuesday morning, unbeknown to me, my phone was on silent.  When I checked it I had two messages, one from the YO and one from John asking me to ring him re: Barnaby.  Trying not to panic I decided to ring John first.  If it's bad news, I'd rather cry in front of him, first.
It turns out that on Monday evening, after John had got Barnaby in and fed him his tea, Steph came and took Fred out past Barnaby to ride him (they are next door neighbours) and Barnaby went ballistic, rearing up in his stable and tearing at his haynet.  They were worried he was going over the stable door.
Then the next morning when Steph went to turn Fred and Marley out, Barnaby went mental again.  They were so worried about him they put him in one of the outside stables to calm him down (thinking about it now I don't know why they didn't just turn him out).
So when I got there last night, there was a bed made for him in the outside stable, next to Cracker, who he also likes.  I think it might work better for him out there as once Cracker and Ty come in, they don't go out again until the morning, so Barnaby should stay calm.   What a flipping saga though, I'm so embarrassed.  Thank goodness he didn't jump over the stable door.  It wouldn't be the first time, would it?  I daren't tell anyone he's actually capable of leaping over. (If you want to know what I'm talking about, read this.)
More soon
Jane x

1 comment: