Thursday 22 March 2012

A New Beginning

Many of you who've followed my previous blog, Chickens In My Kitchen will know that we've spent the past three years living on a small farm with our horses.  I haven't had to work, and have stayed at home all day looking after the horses, ducks, cats and chickens.
Then, out of the blue, a couple of months ago, we were told the farm was to be sold.  We were in total shock, as you can imagine.  We've been through a phase of thinking we'd have to sell the horses (Barnaby and Zak) and move somewhere nearer to where my husband works.
We are born again Christians and pray about even the small things, but this is a pretty big thing, so we got before God.   I was very brave and willing to sell the horses if that's what it took, but also cried and said I couldn't bear to part with them.
Once I'd admitted that, things moved very quickly.  We have found a house to rent and a lovely livery yard (I hope, more of that later) and move in less than two weeks.
I feel that this new chapter in our lives warrants a new blog, as we start this new adventure, and I hope you'll come on this journey with me.
It's all Barnaby's fault.  What do you do when you feel that you own the most wonderful horse in the world and you've made him a promise that you'll never sell him? 
Only time will tell...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jane! I am sooo happy for you! I hated that you might have to sell your horses! What a day brightener this is!

    ReplyDelete